Cuisinart MCP-12N MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set Review
One of the finest pieces of cookware sets to add to your kitchen is the Cuisinart MCP-12N MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set.
It’s a recent update from its old design – the MCP-12 (without the “N” suffix). With its updated design, it is one of Cuisinart’s best stainless steel cookware sets made even better. It includes ergonomic updates to make your cooking experience even more comfortable and pleasant than it already was under the old design.
Overview cuisinart mcp-12n
- updated handle design that provides a modern and professional style while maintaining a comfortable and controlled grip
- 1-1/2- and 3-quart saucepans
- 8- and 10-inch skillets
- 3-1/2-quart saute pan
- 8-quart stockpot
- Steamer insert with lid
- Tri-ply 18/10 stainless steel construction with aluminum core; brushed exterior, mirror-finish interior
- Solid 18/10 stainless-steel handles stay cool on stovetop; riveted for strength
- Tight-fitting 18/10 stainless-steel lid seals in nutrients; oven-safe to 500 degrees F
What’s So Special About the Cuisinart MCP-12N Cookware Set?
The MCP-12N represents excellent value compared to some of the other models out there that cost more but aren’t as comfortable or don’t cook as well.
The 12 pieces that you get in the Cuisinart cookware set consists of 3-quart saucepans and a 1-1/2 saucepan. You get 2 skillets, one 8″ and one 10″.
Plus you’ll also receive a 3-1/2-quart saute pan plus an 8 quart stockpot and a steamer insert.
In addition to function, the MCP-12N cookware set serves well for functionality too. It has a beautiful mirror like finish on its interior which contrasts very nicely with its brushed exterior.
On the exterior the cookware set is made from tri-ply 18/10 stainless steel. And on the interior it has an aluminum core that reinforces the strength of the cookware while also facilitating excellent quality cooking.
Cuisinart MCP-12N Construction
The interior surface also facilitates sauteeing, browning, and sauce making with ease, unlike some other cookware sets that tend to burn the contents to the bottom of the pans or alter the flavors.
Smooth cooking is facilitated by its heat surround technology designed to evenly distribute heat along the bottom and sides of your cookware. This eliminates those troublesome hot spots.
The updated handle design of the MCP-12N beings a professional and modern style to the kitchen, while also improving on ergonomics, providing you with a comfortable and sturdy grip with its strength boosting riveted style.
This design means that you need not worry about the 18/10 stainless-steel handles getting hot because this design keeps them cool on the stove top.
The 18/10 tight fitting lids lock in the nutrients of your food. The cookware is also great for cooking your food evenly because it distributes the heat evenly around the bottom and up the sides of the pans. The cookware is also oven safe at temperatures of up to 500 degrees F.
What are the Advantages of this Cookware Set?
The brushed steel design looks fantastic.
Contains the most commonly used pieces of cookware.
Attention to details has been paid with the lids, which perfectly each pan that they were designed for.
It’s easy to pour out the contents of the pans thanks to the curved lip in the cookware.
It has a strong and durable quality while costing much less than other strong and durable cookware sets.
- Polished cooking surface does not discolor, react with food or alter flavors.
- Cookware also features cool grip handles secured with stainless steel rivets and self-basting, tight fitting lids, Triple-Ply construction includes the unsurpassed heat conductivity of a pure aluminum core. It insures maximum heat retention and even heat distribution, eliminating hot spots
- Oven safe up to 550F, Rims are tapered for drip-free pouring.
- Dishwasher safe, Tight-fitting stainless steel covers seal in food’s natural juices and nutrients for healthier, more flavorful results. Covers are dishwasher-safe
- 12-piece cookware set. The set consists of: 1-1/2- and 3-quart covered saucepans; 8- and 10-inch open skillets; 3-1/2-quart covered saute pan; 8-quart covered stockpot; steamer insert with lid. 12 pieces total. Professional Triple Ply Construction features a core of pure aluminum and a brushed stainless exterior
What are the Disadvantages of this Cookware Set?
Well it’s not the best cookware set on the market – unless you are talking about price and value for money, in which case it is one of the best cookware sets available.
You may find it takes some initial getting used to, as you need to learn how to preheat the cookware properly so food doesn’t stick to the pans.
Stainless steel can require more effort to clean than non-stick cookware. However Bar Keeper’s Friend makes light work of this, so you may wish to order a can with your cookware set.
Cuisinart MCP-12N vs MCP-12MCP-12N And MCP-12 Differences
You may have seen the MCP-12 and wondered what’s the difference between that and the MCP-12N. The MCP-12N is the new version of the older MCP-12. However at the time of writing the MCP-12 can still be purchased online.
There is also the possibility that in some cases retailers didn’t notice or neglected to update the model number with the “N” suffix but are selling the new design.
So just what has changed in the updated MCP-12N from the MCP-12? Just a few design elements. The “N” suffixed version has a more modern look but retains the riveted construction to reinforce the strength of the handles.
The handles themselves are now slightly curved compared to the straighter old design. As well as looking more stylish, this affords you a sturdy and comfortable grip. It also keeps the handles cooler while cooking.
Cuisinart MCP-12N Verdict
The cookware set has achieved very impressive ratings and reviews, quickly building on its success from its MCP-12 predecessor that also was very well received from customers.
It’s clear that this high rating comes from customers being overwhelmingly impressed with the strong, sturdy and durable design, combined with the comfort and beautiful appearance, and the very fair and attractive purchase price.
It is our recommendation in our Cuisinart Stainless Steel Cookware Reviews article, which covers the 4 stainless steel options.
If you are looking for a fantastic value for money cookware set, the Cuisinart MCP-12N definitely fits the bill!